[FFmpeg-devel] Hostile Attitudes

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:18:46 CEST 2016

On 5/8/2016 4:00 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 5/8/16, James Almer <jamrial at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I do not like NOP merges as they are already polluting git history.
>>> I do not like non-trivial merges when they are just broken.
>>>
>>> If there is something really useful use cherry pick.
>>>
>>> I do not like a lot of things, are we going to disallow my rights to state
>>> my opinions?
>>
>> No, you can state your opinion, but constant complains about it doesn't help
>> anyone. Start a thread to discuss your argument in favor of stopping merges
>> as Derek suggested instead.
>
> I would rather complain about not merged screenpresso and rscc improvements.
> How much until that happens?
>
> If not going to happen soon I will start cherry picking.

There's a queue, and those are in the queue. Complaining how things moves slowly
is just as bad as complaining about merges happening in the first place.

Assuming it doesn't screw up with the merging scripts then go and cherry-pick,
but wait for confirmation from either Derek or Hendrik since they know how it
works. Just keep in mind doing so will also create even more NOP merges that
you said you dislike.