[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg code Attribution

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Mar 24 16:03:01 CET 2016

Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Anyways, the important thing here is to ensure that
> code from other projects gets proper attribution.

Then please send a patch that adds the attribution,
remember that it is based on old libopenjpeg code,
Reimar already provided an appropriate line.

> I'm sorry for going off topic about codec pros and cons.

I should probably add that libopenjpeg was removed from
Debian's FFmpeg package because of too many unresolved
security issues.
Please try to allow this to be the end of the debate,
both money and time were spent for FFmpeg's jpeg 2000
implementation lately, it is more than unlikely that
we a are going to drop it.

Carl Eugen