[FFmpeg-devel] SCTE 35 and FFmpeg

James Heliker jheliker at encompass.tv
Tue Mar 22 01:31:05 CET 2016

Hello -

I'm looking for an FFmpeg developer to add additional support of SCTE 35 messaging to FFmpeg. For reference here is the current SCTE specification document:
http://www.scte.org/documents/pdf/standards/ANSI_SCTE%2035%202014.pdf

Right now FFmpeg has support for decoding of SCTE 35 messages, however I specifically need a solution to drive SCTE 35 message insertion to an MPEG-2 transport stream, and also detect/parse existing SCTE 35 messages in an MPEG-2 transport stream (roundtrip support).

It would be great if I could reference an XML file with VITC timecodes to drive SCTE 35 message insertion, and receive the same XML formatted file upon decoding an MPEG TS with SCTE 35 messages already present.

Depending on price, I'd like to get started on this project right away.

Please email me directly: jheliker at encompass.tv

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

James Heliker | Encompass Digital Media