[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] Merge commit '81306fd4bdeb5c17d4db771e4fec684773b5790f'

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:12:58 CET 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Hendrik Leppkes <h.leppkes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Simon Thelen <ffmpeg-dev at c-14.de> wrote:
>> On 16-02-16 at 17:27, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
>>> ffmpeg | branch: master | Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> | Tue Feb 16 16:26:49 2016 +0000| [d0fc5de3a643fe7f974ed14e410c2ac2f4147d7e] | committer: Derek Buitenhuis
>>>
>>> Merge commit '81306fd4bdeb5c17d4db771e4fec684773b5790f'
>>>
>>> * commit '81306fd4bdeb5c17d4db771e4fec684773b5790f':
>>>   hls: eliminate ffurl_* usage
>>>
>>> Merged-by: Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com>

>>> ---
>> At least this change in hls.c seems to be incorrect, it breaks setting
>> the user-agent option for hls. Initially the correct user agent is used
>> when querying the hls, but when refreshing the playlist the user agent
>> is reset to Lavf/57.25.100. Reverting this specific hunk seems to fix
>> the issue. I assume the other changed call to update_options in open_url
>> is also broken, but didn't test.
>>

> Your version seems to be old, the current code has s->pb->opaque as an
> AVIOInternal in hls.c, and uses another struct entirely to store
> options.
> Can you verify that current git master still suffers from the same problem?

After some closer look, it appears there were some more wrong changes made:

9f9ed79d4cb40e5d9093899f8a79086ff23da844 should just be flat out
reverted. It introduces some new weird context thats never set
anywhere, so its always NULL and does nothing?
It also misses the key point that it actually needs to talk to the
underlying http protocol to get the user-agent and cookie options out
of it.

And the update_options calls in question should just use s->pb as
their context, and update_options changed to automatically search
child contexts, which should then reach all the way down to the
protocol and retrieve the appropriate options.

- Hendrik