[FFmpeg-devel] core infrastructure badge for FFmpeg
jb at videolan.org
Wed Jul 6 14:48:30 EEST 2016
On 04 Jul, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote :
Tbh, this is pure BS/PR, as we've seen for VLC. But why not...
But, you could at least be a bit more truthful when filling it:
- the buildsystem is not common tools, since you have your own
configure (it's a SUGGESTED thing anyway)
- the new functionnality testing is only done in libavcodec,
- half of the links given are over github, which is not FLOSS and is
just a mirror... And other on ffmpeg.org
- you do not use SEMVER (it's a SUGGESTED improvement too)
- everything related to external users should be N/A and not "met",
(I doubt they mean trac here)
- you allow /dev/random, as a silent fallback over urandom, I doubt
this is secure, or fullfills their requirement.
- where is written the policy that coverity must be run on each release?
- the dynamic analysis is done by 3rd parties, it should be mentionned,
especially since it's just a SUGGESTED point.
With my kindest regards,
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device
More information about the ffmpeg-devel