[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC v4] libbavcodec: add a native decoder for the Daala video codec

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 01:52:20 CET 2016

>To the very best of my knowledge you are allowed
>to relicense code that was published under a two-
>(or three-) clause BSD license under the GPL (and
>the LGPL) as long as you keep the copyright
>notice.

Yes, that's what I've concluded as well.
Basically, the license says:
>Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Which means as long as I keep all the copyright notice of previous
contributors (e.g. Copyright 2001-2015 Xiph.org) I am allowed to change the
license. I was under the impression I was unable to remove the BSD license

So for the next RFC I'll just use the project's LGPL license, which is what
I prefer.

Thanks for the help.