[FFmpeg-devel] New filter: remap?

F.Sluiter fsluiter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 22:24:01 CET 2016

If it doesn exist I would like to develop a new filter and would like to
check if nobody is already working on it or that it exists under a
different name.

I have been researching the following usecase:

Similar tot the displace filter, I would need a filter to remap pixels (the
difference being that displace displaces the pixels relative to where it
was, remap would specify where the target pixel originates from):

It takes three input streams and outputs one stream, the first input is the
source, and second and third input are targetmaps. The second and third
input specifies the x.y coordinate where the pixel in the target stream
originates from. Note that once generated, remap files can be reused over
and over again. Source and target do not have to have the same size.
The effect I am trying to achieve is hard to compute with the relative
"displace", and a lot more straightforward with "remap".