[FFmpeg-devel] [Bounty] Impl. check if input h264 P/B frame ref's frame prior to last I

Andrea Lazzarotto andrea.lazzarotto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:05:11 CET 2016

> "select" filter is needed if what you really want to do is to filter
> and process the filtered frames.
> What both me an probably also you are trying to do is to handle frames
> conveniently without resorting to reencoding. So only demuxing, parsing
> and decoding is what we would want to use.

Yes, sorry. What I was trying to say is: if ffmpeg has some filter that
distinguishes between I frames and SI frames or other kinds of frames, I
believe it should also be able to distinguish IDR frames, therefore
*probably* it wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Best regards

--
Andrea Lazzarotto
http://andrealazzarotto.com