[FFmpeg-devel] [Bounty] Impl. check if input h264 P/B frame ref's frame prior to last I

Andrea Lazzarotto andrea.lazzarotto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:11:37 CET 2016

> In yet other words, it is about defining bounds on which the temporal
> piece of H.264 video can be cut out and correctly decoded/played without
> any additional data. With ultimate correctness.

Ah, I see. Coincidentally, during these days I made a Python script for
smart rendering (using ffmpeg, and re-rendering only GOPs that I was
splitting) and I was wondering why it was working sometimes ok and
sometimes completely wrong.

I am not an expert, but I deduce this might be the reason.

I read somewhere that ffmpeg can use the "select" filter (if it is called
like that) that can distinguish between I frames and "SI" frames and that
only I frames shall be considered "safe". Is that the problem or is it a
different one?

Best regards

--
Andrea Lazzarotto