[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2016 own ideas

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Feb 18 20:53:58 CET 2016

Le decadi 30 pluviôse, an CCXXIV, Gerion Entrup a écrit :
> A question for that. If I get it right, ffplay use SDL directly. It is wanted
> to "swap it out" to some kind of libavdevice and then use this device out of
> ffplay?

You will probably get a different answer from each developer, but my advice
is very much that I would like it if ffplay used libavdevice and if
libavdevice was powerful enough for that.

By the way, your e-mails are almost unreadable due to missing ">" on long
quoted lines. See the archive for a non-doctored view:

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-February/189645.html

Would you fix your mail client please?

Regards,

--