[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-mentors] New task ideas for GSoC and Outreachy

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:17:39 CET 2016

On date Monday 2016-02-15 09:21:15 +0100, Paul B Mahol encoded:
> On 2/15/16, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On date Wednesday 2016-02-10 16:21:09 +0000, Kieran Kunhya encoded:
[...]
> >> So, in the spirit of open source, I'd like to ask you, the developers and
> >> users what students should work on.
> >>
> >> Note that this needs to be a clearly defined task that a student needs to
> >> work on for two months FULL-TIME so it can't just be fixing the odd thing
> >> here and there.
> >
> > What about API scripting? This is a huge task though.
>

> API of what?

The API of FFmpeg. What I mean: scripting the external FFmpeg API, so
that for example one can write a Python/lua/whatever script directly
using the FFmpeg libraries.
--
FFmpeg = Faithless Fierce Mysterious Purposeless Elaborated Guru