[FFmpeg-devel] 2.9/3.0, 2.8.5, ...

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Feb 14 19:34:26 CET 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 04:04:29PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Henrik Gramner <henrik <at> gramner.com> writes:
>
> > The Ubuntu 16.04 LTS feature freeze is coming up next week,
> > so it'd be nice to have a release before that.
>
> (I am all for it, I am not sure if it is still possible though.)
>

> The following tickets are showstoppers imo:

this is the result of the VBV constrains for dvds
one could try to play around with the rate control and other general
encoding parameters but its basically that I frames are bigger and
with constraint bitrate they have less space available and thus are
lower quality
this issue should be as old as MPEG itself

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire