[FFmpeg-devel] List of FFmpeg API changes

Ponomarenko Andrey andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 11 12:15:25 CET 2016

10.02.2016, 21:21, "Nicolas George" <george at nsup.org>:
> Le nonidi 19 pluviôse, an CCXXIV, Ponomarenko Andrey a écrit :
>>  I continue maintaining list of API changes in FFmpeg here:
>>  http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/ffmpeg/
>
> Interesting. Out of curiosity, is it automated? If so, how do you handle
> changes in structure fields, especially for parts of the structure that are
> marked public versus private in the documentation?

Hello Nicolas,

The analysis is automated with the help of the ABI Tracker tool: https://github.com/lvc/abi-tracker

The tool checks all symbols and data types declared in public headers only (installed by `make install`). The identifying of the private part in public C-header files should be done manually for now. The private part (private headers, symbols, types and fields) should be described in the profile to regenerate public ABI report. May be we can automate this by analysis of docs or code annotations in future.

The report for ffmpeg is not cleared from private ABI changes yet. I'll try to do this soon. Any help with identifying of false positives in the report is very welcome.

Thank you.