[FFmpeg-devel] New task ideas for GSoC and Outreachy

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Feb 10 21:01:37 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 04:21:09PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that we're trotting out the same old GSoC and Outreachy tasks that
> students haven't picked for years.
>
> So, in the spirit of open source, I'd like to ask you, the developers and
> users what students should work on.

one thing is swscale cleanup and improvments
the last years GSoC has lead to some nice restructuring but theres
alot more that can be done. float support, multithreading support
and a lot more besides more general cleanup along the way
one advantange of swscale work is also that there are many idividual
and seperate tasks possible, which gives this some flexibility
in terms of the amount of work and allows individual adjustment
depending on the students ability and performace during the summer