[FFmpeg-devel] FFplay with 2 video streams in concurrent time

Chau Pham chaupv79 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:42:59 CET 2016

Dear Senior,

I would like to ask something about ffplay.

ffmpeg define AVMediaType in avutil.h with 5 type of media as below

enum AVMediaType {
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_UNKNOWN = -1,  ///< Usually treated as AVMEDIA_TYPE_DATA
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO,
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_AUDIO,
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_DATA,          ///< Opaque data information usually continuous
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_SUBTITLE,
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_ATTACHMENT,    ///< Opaque data information usually sparse
    AVMEDIA_TYPE_NB
};

as my understanding that AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO allow to play video stream.

currently ffmpeg can play only 1 video stream,
is there anyway to play 2 video streams in concurrent time? because my avi content includes 2 video streams.. and others stream

Thanks
Chau Pham