[FFmpeg-devel] Removing DCE

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Dec 23 10:40:26 EET 2016

Le primidi 1er nivôse, an CCXXV, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> how hard would it be to write a preprocessor like tool to convert
> all if (ARCH/HAVE/CONFIG_SYMBOL ...)
> #if
> ?

For a very general case, quite hard, but we do not need it.

If we stick to a few reasonable cosmetic conventions on the affected
blocks (at a guess: correct indentation of the braces, balanced
parentheses in the condition; we want to do that anyway), then it should
be quite easy to write a preprocessor like that.

I do not know how to integrate that in the build system, though. That is
the annoying part IMHO.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George