[FFmpeg-devel] Removing DCE

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:38:25 EET 2016

On 21 December 2016 at 19:26, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For DCE:
> > 1) Ends up with a horrible mess of ifdefs.
>
> This argument alone has often been sufficient to refuse patches here.

Hence the initial email as I think that this is a highly subjective point
(see #9), and point #8 was taken from one of wm4s responses (not to put him
on the spot or anything). So there are devs on either side of this. So the
point was to decide whether peoples subjective dislike of ifdefs is enough
to justify breaking compatibility in certain circumstances.

> 6) Issues with lto with Clang and Gold.
> > 7) Other unspecified issues with debug builds
>
> Could you elaborate on these two?

These were taken from previous email threads, so point 6) was from an email
by Derek Buitenhuis who basically stated exactly what was written. So for
more information youll have to ask him directly. I was just collating
points that have been previously made by others on the mailing list in
order to jump start a discussion.