[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] lavfi: make filter_frame non-recursive.

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Dec 20 01:33:41 EET 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:56:27PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le nonidi 29 frimaire, an CCXXV, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> > i dont know if this is a bug or just somethig that by sheer bad luck
> > becomes vissible after this but
> > ./ffmpeg -i cvid/dday.mov -vframes 30  -vcodec huffyuv -y -acodec pcm_s16le out3b.avi ; md5sum out3b.avi
> > gives different outputs from time to time
> > needs threads on the encoder side, huffyuv, vframes (audio codec irrelevant)
> >
> > difference in output files looks like this:
> > valgrind shows nothing (but difference occurs under valgrind)
> > should be here:
> > http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/CVID/grayscale/dday.mov
>
> I know there are a few glitches that came through. I have started
> working on fixing the worst one, it requires making buffersink aware of
> EOF one step earlier.
>

> As for this one and the one you posted a few minutes ago: -vframes with
> audio frames too is highly dependant on details of the filters
> scheduling, and can change slightly under perfectly normal
> circumstances, starting with threading.

heres another similar issue
./ffmpeg -i ~/tickets/860/jpeg2000.mov -vframes 3  -vcodec huffyuv -y test.avi

http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket860/jpeg2000.mov

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA