[FFmpeg-devel] live_start_index & ignoring "options not found"

Ibrahim Tachijian barhom at netsat.se
Mon Dec 19 01:22:33 EET 2016

Hey,

I use live_start_index to control which segment ffmpeg starts with on a HLS
live stream. This is working as expected.

However, when the input file is NOT a HLS live stream then using
"live_start_index"
of course gives you a "Option live_start_index not found" and then quits
ffmpeg.

I'd like to use "live_start_index" whenever the input is HLS and ignore it
when it is not HLS without knowing beforehand what I am using as input.

Is there a way to safely ignore "options not found" and continue?

Thanks,