[FFmpeg-devel] Evolution of lavfi's design and API

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Aug 31 02:08:28 EEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 09:08:18PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le quartidi 14 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Paul B Mahol a écrit :
> > the filter frame multithreading would just internally, in filter context
> > cache frames, once enough frames are in cache - call workers and be done,
> > repeat. At eof call workers on remaining frames in cache.
>
> I have no idea how much thought you have already given to it, but I am
> pretty sure it is not as simple as that with the current architecture. By
> far.
>
> In the meantime, I finally got the non-recursive version passing FATE. Here
> are the raw patch, so that people can have an idea what this is all about.
> There is still a lot of cleanup and documentation to do, as you can see.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas George

./ffmpeg -i tickets//679/oversized_pgs_subtitles.mkv -filter_complex '[0:s:1]scale=848x480,[0:v]overlay=shortest=1' test.avi
fails assertion:
Assertion progress failed at libavfilter/avfilter.c:1391

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/attachment/ticket/679/oversized_pgs_subtitles.mkv

ffmpeg -v 0 -i tickets/3539/crash.swf -map 0 -t  1  -f framecrc -
output changes, not sure this is a bug but reporting it anyway as i
noticed

http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket3539/

doc/examples/filtering_video matrixbench_mpeg2.mpg
also breaks

Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves? -- Diogenes of Sinope