[FFmpeg-devel] Outreachy 2016 december

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Aug 22 11:59:44 EEST 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 08:17:48PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:12:20AM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> > > android or AOSP related projects surely would be interresting
> > >

> > I added relatively simple task to the page I will mentor, If nobody
> > wants to be an admin,
> > I can, but I need to know what boring paperwork I need to do _before_
> > I apply for the admin.
>
> IIRC outreachy has no true concept of "admin" everyone is just a mentor
> The need for an admin is more a need from our side as some tasks
> (which no mentor tends to feel responsible for) need to be done by
> someone
>
> mentor agreement information is at:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Agreements
>
> i can probably co admin if wanted, but i do not want to be the primary
> admin

do we have a admin (also called coordinator) now ?
did someone contact the outreachy admins about FFmpeg participating ?
(if someone does please keep ffmpeg-devel in CC)

the deadline for organizations to join is today according to
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForOrgs

also theres usefull information at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/GettingStarted

Thanks

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin