[FFmpeg-devel] [REMINDER] VideoLAN Dev Days 2016

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Aug 10 00:01:23 EEST 2016

My fellow members of the ffmpeg development community,

As it is now customary, I'd like to invite you to VideoLAN Dev Days
2016, on the 1st week-end of September: 2-4 September 2016, in Berlin.

(this email is different from the previous one! Read on!)

If you have not registered yet, you should really register now! If you
are active and unsure, you should come. :D
If you are still unsure, come on, it will be fun, I promise!

Conferences and Schedule
------------------------
VDD is colocated this year within QtCon, a combined conference where
VideoLAN, KDE, Qt and FSFE communities will join for a few days.

On Friday afternoon, the community bounding event will be an "escape
room competition". This is optional, of course, but you have to be in
Berlin at 13:00 or in early afternoon to attend. See below for more info.

On Friday night, we will have a dinner with all QtCon attendees.

On Saturday, there will be a general keynote, and then conferences on
multimedia (VP9 encoder, VC-2 encoder, VPx, x265 update, VLC).
And then the usual project technical discussions.

Sunday will be the usual Unconference!

Any talk you want to schedule will be very welcome!

You will find more information on http://vdd.videolan.org/ and our wiki
(information will be updated continually)

Registration
------------
The registration is now open here: http://qtcon.org
You should register already! It will close SOON. Please register for the
Friday if you want to join for the Friday event!

Sponsorship
-----------
As usual, VideoLAN will pay for travel, food and hosting costs, for
the active people of the open source FFmpeg community.

If you were sponsored last years, and we did not tell you to check with
us, you are almost automatically sponsored this year too (if you doubt,
you can check by asking me on IRC or email)
If you did not buy your flights, stop everything and do it ASAP!
If you don't know if the price of your flight is correct, please ask us.

Please note that VideoLAN will not sponsor Thursday night hotel unless
it is necessary (like oversea attendees). Please check with us, if there
is any issue.

Questions & Contact
Any question should be done soon in private. Time is over soon!

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734