[FFmpeg-devel] Support master branch of OpenJPEG and Grok J2K codecs

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 5 11:52:48 CEST 2016

Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I also want to reiterate that because FFmpeg can be distributed
> under GPL v3, and Grok is licensed under the AGPL, there are no
> licensing issues regarding distributing FFmpeg together with Grok.

As was already discussed before, this is simply not true:
The GPLv2 (which is possibly the most often used license
for FFmpeg but in any case a possible license) is not
compatible with the AGPL.

> +enabled libopenjpeg       && { check_lib openjpeg-2.1/openjpeg.h
> opj_version -lopenjp2 -ldl ||

This is unneeded for libopenjpeg and therefore not acceptable
afaict. Is Grok part of any major distribution?

Carl Eugen