[FFmpeg-devel] Voting committee

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:58:11 CEST 2015

On 16.09.2015 07:32, Yayoi Ukai wrote:

> I also thought that it was wrong that how some of the FFmpeg developer
> treated/regarded this Outreachy
> organization. For example, it seemed that Outreachy was regarded more
> like a source of cheap
> talented labor to accomplish FFmpeg agenda further rather than an
> instrument for FFmpeg to be more inclusive organization.
> It is not respectable to Outreachy which helped to raise funds for
> interns and look for
> the talent to work for the FFmpeg and put a lot of work on these
> activities while they were only hoping to
> the betterment of the us.

I don't get this mindset. FFmpeg is an open source software project, and
of course the main focus is on developing software. Further, everyone is
free to work on it for free (without _any_ compensation). Outreachy
candidates were even paid for their work.

So whatever you expected for Outreachy, why can't you simply make the
best of it?