[FFmpeg-devel] Voting committee

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Sep 14 17:53:33 CEST 2015

L'octidi 28 fructidor, an CCXXIII, Nicolas George a écrit :
> I have been thinking of a practical proposal myself, I will word it and post
> it shortly.

Here it is. Please comment.

> I strongly think that we will able to reach unanimous consensus about the
> members of the second stage list, and clear consensus about the decision
> rules. If that happens, there is no doubt this is legitimate.

Better comparison: bootstraping a compiler rather than an OS. Unanimous
consensus on the list of current developers is like reaching the fixed point
where the compiler can compile itself into the exact same binary.

I really think we can achieve it. We just need to keep minor personal
dislikes for ourselves. Maybe I think that Someone is a complete idiot, but
if the other developers that I trust and respect do not think so, I should
shut up for the sake of unity; after all, it's just one person, it will not
derail the project.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George