[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 2.8

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Sep 7 14:52:34 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 04:28:41AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Its about 2 and a half month since 2.7
> if there are no objections then ill branch of release/2.8 from
> some revission prior to the next API bump and will then make a 2.8
> release from that, after testing
> if you want something in the release, push it prior to the bump OR
> cherry pick it in release/2.8 afterwards but before the release is
> made
>
> ill pick some previously suggested name unless something specific is
> preferred
> release notes and changelog will be in the release as they are in git
> at the time of release or if they are not in shape i will ommit them.

I intend to make 2.8 within the next 1-2 days or so from the
release/2.8 branch
last chance for testing it, backporting bugfixes, adding release notes
or suggesting a name
i will use "Feynman" if noone suggests some other name
and copy the release_notes from 2.7

Thanks

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus