[FFmpeg-devel] Outreach Program For Women

Yayoi Ukai yayoi.ukai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 07:43:52 CEST 2015

Hi Mosha,

I recommend that you ask someone to give you something to do or you look at
old google summer of code or outreachy (it was called opw) page and pick
what you like to work on or pick up something to do from the ticket. (And
again talk to relevant people to ask exactly or overall what to do.)

I decided to apply for outreachy when ffmpeg was not listed in outreachy
for this summer not far before the application deadline.  I was already
working on something on ffmpeg. So I contacted outreachy organizer and
ffmpeg people (people listed old outreachy and google summer of code) by
saying I wanted to do outreachy with ffmpeg and they decided ffmpeg will be
part of outreachy for this summer after not so long. So I have no idea how
they decided to join outreachy or not but I can say it can happen if you
want make it happen.

Sadly I had to withdrawal my application and I felt pretty sad/bad about it
(because I understood that ffmpeg people had to fund raise to support these
interns not just to take care of them.. So once I knew I couldn't do.. I
even tried to convince my friend to do it..) But it seemed that it worked
out pretty well with this summer's person (Ludmila) so you can just start I
think. Also actually I heard that selection process is pretty competitive.
(They have a tons of qualified candidates by the time they take a pick) So
earlier is better I think.

I hope it goes well and good luck~.
Cheers,
Yayoi

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Imaculate Mosha <
imaculatemosha-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> Hi ffmpeg!
> I'm interested in doing an OPW(Outreach Program for Women) internship
from December 2015 with ffmpeg. I would like to know if ffmpeg will be
participating in this coming round. If it is, How can I get started? Thank
you very much and looking forward to hearing from you!