[FFmpeg-devel] forcing ints to be 64 bits, possible new FATE client idea

Ganesh Ajjanagadde gajjanag at mit.edu
Wed Oct 21 12:22:36 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Ganesh Ajjanagadde <gajjanag <at> mit.edu> writes:
>
>> Since you seem to be an "expert" on what things
>> affect this decade, why don't you spend 5 minutes
>> trying to outline to beginners like me what is
>> "actually important" in your view?
>
> Important is whatever you want to work on.
> That can be DTS-XLL or any random ticket or a
> new format or a new decoder or a new filter.

Then by definition the int = 64 bits is something that has some
importance. The fact that Michael asked about it, and I am interested
to some (minor) degree confirms this according to your definition.

> But if the new format or the new decoder is an
> invention of you it is less likely to find fans
> (but see a64).
>
> (And consider to remember that if people do not
> comment it does not always mean they agree, so
> don't shoot those who do comment even if you
> don't like it.)

I have not "shot" anybody, just paid back in the same manner of tone.
I will refrain from it in future, thanks.