[FFmpeg-devel] Channel layout flags - Patch

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Oct 20 17:30:33 CEST 2015

Le nonidi 29 vendémiaire, an CCXXIV, Kevin Wells a écrit :
> I am looking for a patch so that when using the below Channel layout

If you are not proposing a patch, then this is a usage question and should
be on ffmpeg-user. Reply-to placed accordingly.

> flags, the FC comes out flagged as 'Center', not Mono, and also the DL and
> DR comes out as 'Left Total' 'Right Total'. Currently these 3 are coming
> out as 'Mono'. Is there a patch / command / flag to get these flagged
> correctly please?

> The result currently comes out as:
> Video
> Front Left
> Front Right

How do you observe these "result"s?

> Mono (should be Center)

Center is the name of the channel, mono is the name of the channel layout
that has only the center channel. The output produced by ffmpeg is correct.

> Left Surround
> Right Surround

> Mono (should be Left Total)
> Mono (shold be Right Total)

Should be according to who?

> Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
> [pcm_s24le @ 0x7fe7d3007c00] not writing 'chan' tag due to lack of channel information
> [pcm_s24le @ 0x7fe7d3010a00] not writing 'chan' tag due to lack of channel information

This may indicate that two of the layouts are not supported by FFmpeg's
implementation, I suspect the these are the downmix channels.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George