[FFmpeg-devel] modify ffplay for dumpstream in rtsp?

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Tue Oct 6 17:27:31 CEST 2015

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:50:30 -0400
compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 18:37:31 +0200
> Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>
> > Le duodi 12 vendémiaire, an CCXXIV, compn a écrit :
> > > he wants to play and dump at the same time. like vlc can.
> > >
> > > should this functionality be added to ffmpeg or ffplay?
> >
> > ffmpeg can already display video on the fly, with the opengl, xv and
> > sdl devices.
>
> maybe we could make an example in the docs specifying how to do this.

oops, i see it in the bottom of xv outdev
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-devices.html#Examples-14

> this works for me:
>
> ffmpeg -i http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/sn40sample.avi -i
> http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/sn40sample.avi -f sdl out.mp4
>
> is there a way to just use a single input to dump 1 file and display 1
> sdl output? hmm, probably.

i didnt realize that "display" (as in -f sdl display) was an option i
needed to pass. its not listed anywhere else in the documentation or
options afaict. i thought it was referring to xv's "display_name"
subopt.

should i send a patch to add the "display" option to each outdev
documentation indicating this feature?

or maybe a nice wiki documentation like this:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Creating%20multiple%20outputs

-compn