[FFmpeg-devel] Looking for FFMPEG Dev for Project

Gamaliel Aguilar-Gamez gama at 9104studios.com
Wed May 27 07:19:17 CEST 2015

Hi all,
<apologies if this is the wrong email list but I wasn't super sure, which one to send to>

Reaching out because I have a potential ffmpeg project and my partner and I believe ffmpeg might be the path forward.

My partner (Manu, Cc'ed) and I have an app and service called Track Attack<http://www.trackattackapp.com/> - a GPS based lap timer, video recorder and sharing platform in one.

A feature of our app and server is to enable users to upload and share their races on our site, like this example.:

*       http://trackattackapp.com?raceid=b2a98ec5-0727-4d6d-9c26-0c8644f0114f&lapid=69ab650a-4865-418c-bdef-ad17aa719b60

*       View from any browser except iOS version of Chrome or Safari.  The browser must support in-line video.

You'll see that we are simultaneously playing a video and data layer at the same time.

Project: We're looking to develop the capability to generate a new media file for a given lap or session, programmatically through our server.  Users could click a button, the server would do its thing and then have a file ready for the user to download (.mp4, .avi, etc... - whatever works best).  This way users can create their own videos/movies and share however they want, above and beyond Track Attack.

If you're interested, please feel free to respond to me and Cc Manu.  We are based in Seattle, WA, USA.

Thanks and hope to hear from one of you all!

Gama Aguilar