[FFmpeg-devel] Test case for Closed caption decoder.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu May 7 00:13:06 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 01:29:11AM +0530, Anshul wrote:

> On 05/06/2015 01:21 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 08:33:42PM +0530, Anshul wrote:
> >[...]
> >>and here is shorter file then previous one.
> >>http://gsocdev.ccextractor.org/~anshul/test_video/Closedcaption_atsc_rollup.ts
> >considering that this is created by FFmpeg
> >  Metadata:
> >       service_name    : Service01
> >       service_provider: FFmpeg
> >
> >please make a smaller file
> I cant encode any video with subtitle, I used ffmpeg to cut the
> previous video in smaller video.
> if I transcode the video then cc will be lost.
> >this is still 16 times larger than the next largest file in
> >fate/sub
> >
> >the video streams bitrate should play no role in testing the subtites
> I searched for other opensource encoder that could embed cc in videos.
> but I was unable to find out. if you know about any openSource cc encoder.
> then please share.

i thought it was easy
if not then lets upload carls file, its the smallest so far,

if that file works for your test ?

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.