[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: GSoC: APNG

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Mar 28 17:15:50 CET 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 03:14:20PM +0000, Donny Yang wrote:

> On 29 March 2015 at 00:08, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > git send-email should send one patch per mail
> Okay, here's my try with that
>

> > pts == 0 is not a reliable way to detect the first picture
> What would be the recommended way, then?

you can try AVCodecContext->frame_number, if that doesnt work
you need to keep track of if you already had received a frame

> > this patchset also breaks PAL8
> Yes, I know.
> The only reason is because I'm unsure of whether or not ffmpeg ever passes frame-specific palettes, since APNG only supports a single palette for the entire movie.
> If not, it's trivial to add back. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do, other than warn when extra palettes are detected that they will be ignored.

ffmpeg can change the palette, yes, if apng cant handle it you can
just fail at tat point

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact