[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC project proposal + qualification task

Mariusz Szczepańczyk mszczepanczyk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 02:51:31 CET 2015

Hello,

my name is Mariusz Szczepańczyk and I am currently finishing my
bachelor's degree in Computer Science at the University of Warsaw in
Poland. I have written few patches for other open source projects, like
gif reading plugin for OpenImageIO, however I'm new to FFmpeg.

I'd like to work on the "Browsing content on the server" task as
described on wiki extended by samba and possibly local zip archives if
it gets a good reception. And maybe having rename and delete methods
also could be nice. I reached out to Lukasz Marek, who is listed as
backup mentor and he pointed me to his last year's patches that add
directory listing api and implement some of the protocols. In a couple
of minutes I'll send these patches rebased against current master plus
my take on samba protocol.

Any comments and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mariusz