[FFmpeg-devel] Windows deprecated stdin reading method

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 02:11:33 CET 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 1:01 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 08.03.2015, at 00:46, Peter <dravorek at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Alright, I may have been really stupid, for some reason I always passed
>> "input_handle" to read and WaitForSingleObject instead of stdin, no clue
>> what happened there in my head.
>>
>> Turns out this actually works in my initial tests:
>>
>> https://github.com/Bigpet/FFmpeg/commit/93864dd0373bc6561be8e45f14f835453c74e832
>
> It looks reasonable, but I'd expect there is a reason we didn't do this originally?
> Have you tested in the normal console, cygwin console, with stdin redirection etc?

Unfortunately, the original change does not really explain anything on
the hows and whys.
However, accessing FILE internals was always a terrible solution since
its a private struct, so any improvements on that part are welcome,
and from the documentation I read on the subject, this change seem
sensible.

- Hendrik