[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 2.6 release

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Mar 2 18:23:26 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 05:41:41PM +0100, Robert Krüger wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > its a while since FFmpeg 2.5, so its getting time to make 2.6
> > if you want something in it or something fixed, now is your last
> > chance ;)
> >
> > About the name if noone suggests something then ill pick a random
> > scientist from the list i have from past suggestions
> >

> Since it not having been part of a release was an argument for allowing to
> break API to fix the default for writing the colr atom (which a number of
> people found more sensible), it would be nice to have that in before,
> because otherwise that argument would no longer hold after 2.6 is out,
> resulting in a rather bad situation with both options in there for a while.

> How much time would there be to submit a patch that changes the default?

there is no strict cast in stone release date, so i do not know
i wanted to do the release soon, i do not know if that will work out
there are still some things i wanted to test which may delay things

but if things are all working and tested we might release tomorrow or
it might be in a week, i dont know

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch