[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 2.6 release

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:45:10 CET 2015

On 01/03/15 6:17 PM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> I might help writing the RELEASE_NOTES. Anything not present in the
> Changelog that I should mention? Particular optimizations, area where a
> large amount of fixes happened (and are not going to be backported), OPW,
> or other various project changes?

VP9 asm by Ronald that made the codec usable on x86_32 and also pre-ssse3 CPUs
like Phenom (Even dual core Athlons can run 1080p 30fps VP9 content now). Pretty
good argument to convince Google and Mozilla to use ffvp9 IMO :P.
HEVC improvements could also be mentioned (C and asm performance improvements,
and monochrome sequence support).