[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 2.6 release

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Sun Mar 1 22:17:15 CET 2015

On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 05:53:59PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> its a while since FFmpeg 2.5, so its getting time to make 2.6
> if you want something in it or something fixed, now is your last
> chance ;)
>
> About the name if noone suggests something then ill pick a random
> scientist from the list i have from past suggestions

I might help writing the RELEASE_NOTES. Anything not present in the
Changelog that I should mention? Particular optimizations, area where a
large amount of fixes happened (and are not going to be backported), OPW,
or other various project changes?

BTW, do we want to encourage occasional contributors and companies to
contribute more by mentioning them in a thanks section? Quickly skimming
through the history I see NVIDIA, Samsung, Collabora, ... What do people
think? See the bottom of http://i3wm.org/downloads/RELEASE-NOTES-4.9.txt
for an example (yeah I know it's not the first time I pick that same
model).

Last thing, anyone to have a look to FATE and see if something is relevant
for fixing before the release? I see that hevc still seems to fail a test
with threading for instance. Don't we want to get this fixed before the
release?

--
Clément B.