[FFmpeg-devel] avfoundation AVMediaTypeMuxed device support

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Tue Jul 28 13:32:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 27.07.15 um 18:08 schrieb Gianluigi Tiesi:
> Hi, with the attached patch, ffmpeg avfoundation device input
> is able to find my canopus dv firewire adapter.
> I only have 1 format 'muxed' and it's not possible to set resolution or framerate
> via 'setValue'.
>
> I've looked at the code in the AVRecorder sample:
> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/samplecode/AVRecorder/Introduction/Intro.html
>
> it's able to correctly record (audio and video) from dv adapter
> using almost same api calls of ffmpeg.
>
> with my patch ffmpeg is able to record too (video only) but looks like
> there is a problem with video resolution.
>
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-avrecorder.png
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-ffmpeg.png
>
> and videos:
>
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-avrecorder.mov
> http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-ffmpeg.mp4
>
> I known the patch can be improved, but I should at least solve
> the resolution problem.

I'm not available to look further in this until next week.
For the time being, you might want to try to allow AVMediaTypeMuxed for audio
and video devices and see if the device is then listed properly and what comes
out then if recording from these.

I think I don't have any devices detected to be a muxed type available, so this
might need close collaboration to fix the issue. Please consider opening a
ticket on trac for that.

-Thilo