[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg/MPlayer/rtmpdump possibly searching for a new server and hosting

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Jul 17 03:57:03 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 02:46:39AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:42:30PM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > OVH has poor quality connectivity by the way - this could lead to
> > performance issues in some countries.
>
> Has anyone done some hoster connectivity comparissions /tests ?
> it would be interresting to see what the differences are.
>

> Also which hosters/providers does the community recommand?

noone ?
nothing ?

thats ok but then i hope also noone will complain if we end up
with a poor hoster, because we will likely

I did look a bit around and i was not able to find anything that
made me smarter to make this choice. libnova said they had no
problems with OVH, noone else suggested anything else.
kieran said OVH has poor connectivity, timothys tests dont really
point in any clear direction either

If people would suggest which hosters are good
(quality, hw, service, connectivity, in a legally stable region not
too hostile to free multimedia sw, ...)
then we could suggest these to sponsors in the absence of the sponsor
having a preferrance.

-- Albert Einstein