[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1 and Matroska at IETF 93

Tessa Fallon tessa.fallon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:32:25 CEST 2015

The MediaArea PREFORMA team is pleased to share that standardization of
FFV1 and Matroska will be on the agenda at IETF 93 in Prague.  Discussion
about IETF involvement in standardization of these two formats will be held
on Wednesday, July 22, as part of the IETF DISPATCH Working Group meeting.

The DISPATCH meeting starts at 9:00 a.m. in Congress Hall III, and the
discussion is of FFV1 and Matroska is scheduled to take place at 9:10 a.m.
I will be chairing the meeting and giving a short introduction about the
current state of the specifications and leading discussion about continued
standardization steps towards an RFC. Discussion, involvement, and debate
is all highly encouraged before, at, and after at IETF meeting.

If you will be attending IETF and would like to participate, please let us
know! The meeting is open to all IETF attendees and no special registration
is required to attend, but I'd love to meet folks beforehand.

IETF 93 DISPATCH Agenda
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda/dispatch/

More about the MediaArea's participation in PREFORMA can be found here:
http://mediaarea.net/en/PREFORMA_Phase2
FFV1 spec (in development) https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1
EBML spec (in development)
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification