[FFmpeg-devel] OpenCL device selection documentation

Gupta, Maneesh Maneesh.Gupta at amd.com
Mon Jan 19 13:00:06 CET 2015

Hi,

I was searching the FFMPEG documentation on enabling OpenCL & selecting/specifying an OpenCL device. Here is what I could find:

1) Enabling OpenCL while building OpenCL: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro
2) Specifying an OpenCL device to be used: <install_prefix>/share/doc/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-utils.html#OpenCL-Options

I did not find much information on the auto-selection of an OpenCL device using the -opencl_bench. What is the best way to update this documentation to include information regarding the auto-selection logic from a user perspective? I would use assume it would be a patch that modifies the files used to generate ffmpeg.html and ffmpeg-utils.html (i.e. doc/ffmpeg.texi and doc/ffmpeg-utils.texi).

Please let me know your thoughts on this before I proceed with working on a patch for this documentation.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh