[FFmpeg-devel] phasing out asyntcs, resample

Ganesh Ajjanagadde gajjanag at mit.edu
Tue Dec 22 03:00:10 CET 2015

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Derek Buitenhuis
<derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/2015 1:44 AM, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:
>> May be missing something, but "See the ffmpeg-resampler manual for the
>> complete list of supported options. " followed by man ffmpeg-resampler
>> shows first_pts as a supported option.
>
> Oh, indeed; never used to be. Apologies.
>
> Looks like the public documents on ffmpeg.org lack a link to it from the filter's
> page, and I missed it (saying see 'ffmpeg-resample' on an HTML page isn't very
> useful when it's not actually called that outside of the man page).
>
> As a side note, I'm not sure to whom this is a 'maintenance burden' to. There are
> far sillier things that are actually maintenance burdens, if that's what you're aiming
> to fix (e.g. 2x prores encoder/decoder, 2x asf demuxers, etc.).

True enough. However, I picked this since it was something I
encountered, and because it is gratuitous unlike prores. In the case
of prores for instance, see Nicolas's comments above: how does one
even go about picking one of them?

I am trying to take things one step at a time, easier things first -
felt this was one of the easier ones now that compatibility is less of
a goal. Of course, I could have been wrong in my assessment of which
is easiest to tackle.