[FFmpeg-devel] Ideas to replace the options system

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Dec 4 20:36:09 CET 2015

Hi

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 11:22:17AM -0500, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:
[...]
> > Conclusion
> >
> >   This has been a very lengthy exposition. Actually, I believe
> >   implementation would not be that long. Well, longer than text, of course,
> >   but not as gigantic as the explanation suggests. And a lot of steps can be
> >   made incrementally.
> >
> >   IMHO, the result would be both a better design and an enhanced user
> >   experience.
> >

> > Personal note: if you skimmed through the whole thing and did not find it
> > completely uninteresting, I would appreciate even short quick feedback,
> > even "looks interesting, will read more carefully later".
>
> So this is not my area, so I can't give good technical feedback.
> However, from a skim through, your ideas seem very good, and I think
> they are very interesting.

> Maybe a good gsoc project: I am quite sure there are many students out
> there interested in these sorts of things.

complex task + gsoc = failure unless student is exceptionally talented
(which is rare but does occur)

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."