[FFmpeg-devel] AAC experimental flag: the sequel

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Wed Dec 2 16:42:45 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:37:00PM -0300, Claudio Freire wrote:
> So, here comes the discussion again.
>
> This time, the AAC encoder is in good shape. It's not perfect. I have
> a list of known bugs to address that still has some issues, but I'm
> not really certain whether they should block the flag's removal.

What kind of bugs? If it's crashes, I think they should be fixed before
removing the flag (for security reasons).

If it's about efficiency (regarding compression or speed), I don't think
it should be blocking the drop of the flag.

Note that dropping the flag means it will be a white flag for the
beginning of extended tests & benchmarks

Regards,

Clément B.