[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 2.8

Andreas Cadhalpun andreas.cadhalpun at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:57:58 CEST 2015

On 31.08.2015 14:55, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:19:02 +0200
> Andreas Cadhalpun <andreas.cadhalpun at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 31.08.2015 01:29, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:

>>> Yes, I want to keep it.
>>
>> Then you should get the crashes fixed.
>>
>>> It works much better for me than the old one.
>>
>> At least the old one doesn't crash.
>
> if it works for hendrik, then i vote for keeping asf_o.

If Hendrik wants to use it, fine. But then he should also
take the responsibility and maintain it, i.e. fix the crashes.

> as long as its not default demuxer in ffmpeg, it wont hurt users.
>
> maybe we should have a codec_cap_experimental or
> format_cap_experimental on it or so

Even non-default, experimental demuxers shouldn't crash, as
that's still a potential security risk.
I don't think releasing a demuxer with known crashes is
a good idea.

Best regards,
Andreas