[FFmpeg-devel] youtube patches

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Wed Apr 8 19:15:51 CEST 2015

Enough talking, here are some patches, and I will let the
maintainers decide.

On the libquvi side, the first patch cleans up the error handling in
the libquvi_read_header function to avoid calling libquvi cleanup
functions on uninitialized variables. The second patch adds a call
to avformat_find_stream_info for the inner format context so as to
be able to fill the start_time, duration and bit_rate of the outer
format context.

On the youtube-dl side, a patch adds support for a youtube-dl based
demuxer, which is functionally equivalent to libquvi, except that it
supports all the sites supported by youtube-dl. I avoided using
popen on purpose, so as to try and be as much cross-platform as
possible, though the av_tempfile function returns a file descriptor,
so, probably requires UNIX or POSIX anyway.

In my opinion, it does not make sense to maintain both solutions.

Regards.

--
					    Gilles.