[FFmpeg-devel] Segmentation fault in libquvi.c

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Wed Apr 8 15:37:03 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 02:40:52PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 10:55:45AM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just triend libquvi, and get a segmentation fault in the
> > libquvi_read_header function, because ff_copy_whitelists is called
> > before qc->fmtctx is allocated by avformat_open_input. I added a
> > call to avformat_alloc_context() before ff_copy_whitelists and the
> > libquvi demuxer works.
> >
> > However, I wonder how to fix this properly: the error handling
> > labels look backward, so that I am not sure where to free the
> > allocated context in case of error.
>
> applied this, yes its correct

Ok, there are other details missing, the stream does not get a
duration, start_time and bitrate. This can easily be fixed, but as
wm4 said libquvi seems an abandoned project.

Would there be any interest in a solution based on youtube-dl? It
seems to be the standard, these days. I just ran a few tests:

youtube -qs 'url' returns 0 or 1 depending on whether the url can be
parsed by the tool

youtube -e 'url' prints the stream title

and youtube -f 'url' prints the video url.

To use this portably, we can use system() and redirect the
output to a temporary file, and read the title or URL from the file.
Or is popen available on all platforms where ffmpeg runs?

Is it a clean enough solution? If yes, I can submit the patch adding
this solution. From what I could see, all solutions to parse youtube
(including quvi) are based on scripts anyway.

--
					    Gilles.