[FFmpeg-devel] OPW, MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding (ALS) encoder

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Wed Sep 24 15:30:41 CEST 2014

Hi Juliet,

> I am Juliet Fru, a sophomore, Computer Engineering student of the
> University of Buea. I'm intererested in working on the  MPEG-4 Audio
> Lossless Coding (ALS) encoder project. I'll like to be added as a
> propective student for this project. I'll also like to get some
> pointers on how to get started on this project and what is need to
> complete the qualification task.

you have found the description of this project on our Google Summer of Code
project ideas page. Unfortunately, FFmpeg was not part of GSoC this year, so you
might very well work on this project but you will not be part of the GSoC
program - which means there is no funding nor certificate nor anything like that.

Of course we would appreciate it if you are interested in bringing the ALS
encoder into the codebase in spite of not being enlisted to GSoC. In that case
we are happy to give you a hand, help you prepare a github repo for the existing
encoder and things like that. Just let us know.

-Thilo