[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] Only decode forced dvd-subtitles

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 19:57:41 CEST 2014

> On Friday, September 19, 2014 12:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins-at-yahoo.com <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:
>
>>  +    { "only_dec_forced", "Only decode forced
> subtitles",
>
> Please use the same option name as for pgs subtitles.
>
> Carl Eugen

Ok, I'll do that. Also I noticed that dvdsubdec.c says:

#define VD AV_OPT_FLAG_SUBTITLE_PARAM | AV_OPT_FLAG_DECODING_PARAM
static const AVOption options[] = {
    { "palette", "set the global palette", OFFSET(palette_str), AV_OPT_TYPE_STRING, { .str = NULL }, 0, 0, VD }

While pgssubdec.c says:

#define SD AV_OPT_FLAG_SUBTITLE_PARAM | AV_OPT_FLAG_DECODING_PARAM
static const AVOption options[] = {
    {"forced_subs_only", "Only show forced subtitles", OFFSET(forced_subs_only), AV_OPT_TYPE_INT, {.i64 = 0}, 0, 1, SD},

Shouldn't dvdsubdec have SD rather than VD for readability at least?

Also, this requires the option be set by "-forced_subs_only 1". How does one implement boolean options so I could set it by "-forced_subs_only"?

-Nick